PC Repair Students Resource Page
Back to Page Top
PC Repair Class Home
PC Repair 1 Resources
Links for PCR1
- CPU Identification Utility - J. Steunebrink's Page which explains it and has the link to the download.
- Mouse Driver for DOS Version 11 - Download Page for the driver that makes using utilities like Norton GHOSTTM much easier.
- Frank Uberto's RAM Drive for DOS - Download Page at SimTel.net with Mr. Uberto's description and email address. A MUST have utility. (By the way, the SimTel site is an ENDLESS grab bag of free DOS goodies!)
- Bart's Website - Bart's site has a highly tweaked out MS-DOS Network Client Version 3.0 boot diskette that can easily be modified to support one of over a hundred different NIC's. He also authored the PEBuilder wizard which creates a bootable CD-ROM that launches Windows XP (you must provide the Windows XP w/SP2 CD-ROM during the execution of the wizard that creates the ISO image to burn later) ... no HDD required! A big highly technical site but VERY worth it!
- The Internet File Library - www.filelibrary.com is another huge repository of free DOS goodies, utilities, drivers, etc.
- CDGRAB.EXE - Can be found on the MS-DOS CDROM Utilities page at the bookcase website which is another free doswnload grab bag worth sifting through.
- NTFSDOS - Read-only program that mounts NTFS partitions as a drive letter for access from a DOS bootable diskette; EXTREMELY powerful for file recovery from a blue screening Windows NT/2000/XP system can be found at the Sysinternals File and Disk Utilities Page but peruse this website, the authors are world class programmers and they have many unique and powerful tools.
- Info-zip - The FREE file compressor/decompressor for DOS can be found linked from the Info-zip home page This is the utility that allows you to create a boot diskette similar to the infamous "New Boot A" which will have a link here soon.
- IBM's ZAP and WIPE can be found here:
- Direct link to IBM's LoadDskF and SaveDskF diskette image archive programs can be found here:
Copyrightę2000-2004 Brian Robinson ALL RIGHTS RESERVED